Air-to-air cooling & heating pumps
The ultimate air conditioning for your home
Easy to install and cost-effective to run, air-to-air heat pumps are fast becoming a popular way to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures all year round. Discreet, efficient, and perfect for both commercial and domestic properties, air-to-air units are able to heat or cool a room according to seasonal conditions. Find out more below.
- Trusted Bosch technology
- Heat and cool your home through one system
- Energy saving to lower energy consumption (A+++ rating) in heating mode
- Sleek, discreet and modern design
- Control your home temperature anywhere, anytime
- 0% VAT on supply and installation cost
You certainly can. As long as there is outdoor space for the pump itself, air-to-air heating and cooling pumps can be installed in both domestic and commercial buildings. You only need to consider the size of the internal space – larger open-plan rooms and rooms with high ceilings may need more than one internal blower.
Yes. You will need a ducted system or multi split air-to-air heat pump system to heat multiple rooms of the home. Although, some systems can be used with existing heating systems.
Not on their own, so you’ll need to think about the best way to heat water for showers, baths and running hot taps. There’s lots of flexible and cost efficient ways to do this, and our engineers can talk you through the best solution for you.
A lot depends on your circumstances. The room temperature you require compared to the outside temperature will be one factor, as well as your insulation and how long the unit is switched on for. Other factors such as the number of people in a room can affect running costs, as our bodies give off heat – for example, warming a 30m2 bedroom with 2 occupants to 19 degrees will use less energy than heating an office of the same size with 6 people and their computers in place, as people and electrical appliances generate heat.
In terms of efficiency, a conventional electric heater will use 1kW of electricity to produce 1kW of heat. In contrast, the Bosch 3000i 26 has a SCOP (Seasonal Coefficient of Performance) of 5.2 at -2 Degrees. This means that 1kW of electricity will produce 5.2kW of heat. Much better for the environment and your wallet.
The universal energy rating scale for electrical appliances such as ovens, washing machines and microwaves rates appliances on a scale from A to G, with A being the most efficient. You’ll be pleased to know our Bosch air-to-air pump unit is rated A+++ in heating mode and A+ for cooling.
The installation process is surprisingly easy, with as little impact on your day or indoor activity as possible.
Where and how the pump will be situated
The main air-to-air pump will be installed outside your property against the external wall, in a location that suits you. Most customers will prefer a position away from walkways, driveways or seating areas, perhaps close to other utility outlets. But you’ll want to ensure the distance to the internal ‘blowers’ is as short as possible.
From the main pump, pipes will connect to the internal blowers in rooms around your property – you can typically run up to five blowers from one external air-to-air heat pump. The most suitable properties for this kind of heating are modern, energy efficient homes and properties with moderately-sized rooms. The heated air soon dissipates within larger, open plan spaces.
Engineers will position the blowers high up on the wall where they will be discreet and allow you to use your wall space for decoration or displays. Our Bosch units are particularly sleek, with a smooth exterior designed to be easy on the eye.
What to expect on installation day
Our engineers will be polite, prompt and professional. As well as an email confirming your installation date, you can also opt to receive a further email or text message the day before letting you know what time they will arrive.
Property owners need only to ensure clear space for a short period of time around the places of installation – the engineer will recommend the best room positioning for blowers according to your layout and proximity to the pipework. A simple installation usually takes around half a day, with a full day needed in cases of extra blowers and pipework.
- User friendly – with just a simple setup, you can control the temperature within your room with your smartphone via the Bosch Home app (Wall units only). This is perfect when you’re away from home and want to arrive back at a comfortable room temperature, or just for making life easier when you’re setting temperatures in different parts of the home or office. Timer controls allow you to control exactly how much energy you use, with units that automatically switch off according to your chosen programme.
- Eco friendly – air conditioning units come with three levels of operating power to allow you to set energy usage to your needs, as well as an ‘eco’ mode.
- Improved air quality – air conditioning units protect against freezing inside the room, maintaining a temperature of over 8 degrees centigrade at all times. They also remove humidity, reducing that ‘muggy’ feeling and can prevent mould forming.
- Comfort – air-to-air pumps run ‘silent outdoors’, so you’ll barely know that it’s there. Inside the house, there’s a host of clever features to keep you and your family comfortable, from sensors that adjust the temperature to where you’re seated to features that actively avoid the air blowing in your face!
Traditional heating systems rely on either heating water with a gas boiler and circulating it through radiators, or burning natural fuels in a fireplace or stove. Air-to-air pumps use solely electrical energy to heat the air. Additional differences between traditional heating systems and air-to-air pumps are:
- Location – air-to-air heat pumps are installed outside your property rather than inside like a traditional boiler.
- Energy-efficiency – they use less energy to achieve the room temperature you desire.
- Environmental factors – you get 4-5 times more heat per kilowatt (KW) with an air-to-air pump, making them far more environmentally friendly.
- Durability – they can last up to double the expected lifespan of a traditional boiler, if well maintained and serviced.
Yes and no. While most of us will be familiar with the air conditioning units that we get in shops and offices to stop us sweltering in the summer, today’s breed of air conditioning units – air-to-air heat pumps – can heat your room, as well as cooling it down. Today’s air-to-air pumps are not only easy to use but are more energy efficient, with a full range of features to optimise the quality of the air in your home or office.
Air-to-air heat pumps use latent energy taken from air temperature to heat or cool your room using modern heat pump technology. You’ll set a thermostat and the wall or ceiling mounted unit will operate until the desired ambient air temperature is achieved. Typically, using an air-to-air heat pump results in a greater output of heat for the energy used compared to traditional forms of heating.
Do you install air conditioning units near me?
Aquila engineers operate from our HQ in Warrington, covering the local area, plus a wide range of locations across the North West. These include Liverpool, Manchester, Chester, Bolton, Runcorn and more.